Two simple words often make the difference between a lawn you can enjoy and one that you avoid: insects and weeds.
Michalak Pest Control is certified in Turf and Landscape care by the State of Wisconsin. This means that our owner has passed a vigorous written exam testing his practical knowledge and competency in the proper use of herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
We use a concept known as Integrated Pest Management and when needed, select the least toxic pesticide to control your turf and landscape pests. An ideal pesticide affects the pest without harming its natural predators. In addition, the pesticide should have a short duration period and low toxicity to humans and the environment. We apply the pesticide to the affected plant parts according to label directions.
Landscape invaders that we can help you control include:
- Cottonwood Blotch Leafminers
- Cytospora Canker (fungal disease)
- Fairy Ring (fungal turfgrass disease)
- Spider Mites
Keeping You Informed
Before and after we apply any products we will provide you with:
- pre-application information including brand, product or chemical names of each pesticide that may be applied
- a copy of the pesticide label for each pesticide that may be applied
- the date on which the application will be made
- the name, business address and phone number of a Michalak Pest Control team member who can provide further information about the pesticide application, and
- post landscape warning signs where required and that comply with all state regulations.
Simply stated, we’re equipped and experienced to handle your turf and landscape needs, and we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.